BEEN London is an award-winning accessories brand changing the conversation around sustainability in fashion. Winner of Drapers Magazine’s startup competition and Finalist of Sustainable Lifestyle Awards, we make accessories entirely from recycled materials in an independent studio in London. BEEN London is a team of innovators on a mission to make slow and thoughtful fashion mainstream and accessible.
What we care about is making the lowest-impact, brilliant and functional accessories, reducing the carbon footprint for our customers and having fun along the way. We believe that it’s possible to be ethical at every step of our supply chain. So for us it's impossible not to be.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the core members of a fast growing team. You will use your creativity, organisation and exceptional communications skills to take it to the next level.
You’ll be responsible for driving the growth across all our social media channels, creating content, shaping our online presence by building a genuine, engaged community and making sure our website is looking great. This is a full-time role based in London.
- Have a proven track record managing and growing social media accounts for a lifestyle/fashion brand and building engaged communities
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape including platforms (existing and emerging), algorithms, challenges and opportunities
- Have a strong interest in sustainability and an understanding of the main concepts around sustainable value chains
- Have experience and feel confident collaborating with high profile influencers and partner brands building long term, meaningful partnerships
- You’re a brilliant writer and can explain complex concepts in a simple, fun and engaging way and are able to quickly grasp brand tone of voice
- You care deeply about great content and are never short of ideas
- You enjoy fast moving environments and you’re used to achieving a lot with a little
- You care a lot about great branding and have strong graphic design and basic video editing skills
- You’re extremely organised and feel comfortable with long term content planning as well as creating ad hoc exciting content on the go
- Have experience managing e-commerce websites (ideally Shopify)
- Not afraid of working hard in pursuit of a big vision.
- Overseeing all social media content and defining social media KPI's
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with influencers
- Working closely with an external agency on paid social and website development
- Developing and managing social media competitions and campaigns. Monitoring and reporting performance
- Replying to all social media comments and DMs from followers and capturing feedback and insight from the community
- Maintenance of our eCommerce website. Updating the Homepage category pages, product pages and information pages.
- Creating and uploading products - writing informative, persuasive, and SEO-friendly product features and descriptions. Creating, organising, and editing product imagery and descriptions
- Creating and implementation of email marketing campaigns. Monitor and report performance
- General ad-hoc administration and customer service
Send your application to Genia Mineeva to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] / Social media and ecommerce manager application” and:
- Tell us about yourself and why you want this role.
- Tell us about a brand that you’re into + why we should love it too.
- Link us to a sample of your work (a piece in the press, a blog post or a social
- media feed, for example).
- Attach your CV and/or link us to a LinkedIn profile or online portfolio.
The closing date for the role is midnight on Sunday 6th December although we will be
conducting interviews on a rolling basis – so get your application in early.
There is a 3-stage selection process:
- Submission of CV and cover letter as detailed above.
- An initial telephone interview (20 mins).
- A final round interview and a creative task (2 hours).
We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage applications
from women, minorities, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities.