MARKETING & CONTENT EXECUTIVE
ABOUT BEEN LONDON
Named ‘one of the most innovative fashion companies in the world’ by British Vogue, BEEN London is a multi award-winning accessories brand constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in fashion. We are a small team of designers and impact innovators based in East London. All our products are made entirely from materials that would otherwise be discarded, resulting in a 87% CO2 emissions reduction compared to high street.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to be one of the core members of a small but fast growing team. You will be responsible for showcasing the brand DNA through storytelling content across all of our marketing channels, in particular social, email, site and copy.
The marketing & content executive will need to understand the BEEN London customer, and recognise opportunities for new audiences. They will create content that heroes the BEEN London brand, and maximises connecting with our customer, through different channels, relevant content styles, influencers, and story themes that target them.
They will look at content gaps and opportunities and develop inspiring content to maximise the BEEN London brand driving awareness and consideration. The successful candidate will have a strong brand lens, be creative, and have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a fast-paced social & content creation environment. Fashion and business growth experience is a must.
This is a 5 days a week role based in East London with flexible hybrid working.
Compensation: £22-25k depending on experience.
- Work with Head of Marketing to support seasonal content strategy ideation
- Social media content creation and planning, scheduling, and community management
- Email content creation, planning and scheduling alongside Digital & Ecommerce Marketing Manager
-Copy writing for all channels including social, email, site PR and influencer support
-Ad hoc support on partnerships, collaborations, and events
- Own the social calendar - plan all content utilising variety of content themes and write caption copy
-Ensure the calendar is planned to promote the right messages at the right times, aligning to campaign launches, product launches, collaborations, pop ups, and email alignment
- Community management – posting and scheduling of all content, responding to any DMs, finding UGC, and monitoring the channels daily
- Report on any key campaigns and engagement and use learnings for future planning
- Content creation, including generating ideas, shooting in house content and editing still and moving content for brand use across all channels
- Creation of all brand copy across all channels
- Create assets needed from content eg. for paid media, emails, promos, collabs and events through canva, adobe suite, or if needed, brief to external freelance graphic designer
- Work closely with our impact team to gather content from suppliers and manufacturers to ensure consistent innovation and impact message is communicated on our channels Manage seasonal ecommerce pack shots shoot
Email & Ecommerce
- Responsible for day to day management of on-site content (including ecom product and editorial pages), ensuring all content and copy is up to date Partner with Digital & Ecommerce Marketing Manager to ensure all product launches, website content, emails, promotions and paid ads content and copy is aligned
-Partner with Digital & Ecommerce Marketing Manager to build new pages in shopify.
- Draft and create all emails sent to database, aligning to seasonal marketing plan and content strategy
- Ensure all brand values and campaign assets are communicated effectively through email, driving traffic to site
PR & Influencers
-Support Head of Marketing with any ad hoc PR & influencer requests
- Supply PR agency with all relevant seasonal tools: campaign imagery, product images, samples Identify on brand and new influencer partnership opportunities
- Build influencer content into content planning for social and email
- Support Head of Marketing with briefing PR agency on influencer outreach and intent of each influencer campaign
- Support team on sending out any orders from site Support team on arranging sample deliveries to various locations and fulfill any ad-hoc sample requests
- Keep image banks and content folders on drive up-to-date with organised structure
- Keep all product imagery supplied to the PR agency up to date
- Ad hoc support to Founder and Head of Marketing on wider marketing activities
- Report on organic social performance and utilise results to optimise future campaigns
- Reporting of press activity from PR agency ensuring KPIs of cuttings, reach and AVE are hit against targets and benchmarks
- Influencer and partnership campaign reporting Adhoc Post-campaign reporting on projects
- Strong copywriting skills are essential
- Creative content creation skills and ideation
- Understanding of software & tools such as adobe suite & canva are essential
- Prior experience in social media scheduling and reporting tools such as Planoly
- Shopify & Klaviyo skills are desirable Ability to act quickly and trouble shoot when things are not going according to plan
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey messages in a clear and concise manner in the appropriate brand voice
The type of person you are
- Passionate about sustainability and innovation within the fashion world
- A self starter who is, results driven, proactive and innovative
-A natural storyteller with a passion for social media, content creation, photography, digital marketing, fashion, sustainability and visual communication
-Keep up to date with social media trends and new social media features to ensure we stay relevant -Can manage multiple projects at once, prioritising as needed
-Strong attention to detail and results-focused
-Problem-solverAre prepared to work with a small team and a very lean startup budget and help us grow.
Send your application to email@example.com with the subject line “[Your Name] / Marketing & Content Executive” and a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role, why you want to work for BEEN London, and what you would suggest as the top 3 opportunities for content on the BEEN London social channels.
The closing date for the role is midnight on Sunday 4th June 2023 although we will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis – so get your application in early.
There is a 3-stage selection process: Submission of CV and cover letter as detailed above. An initial telephone interview (20 mins). A final round interview (2 hours).